LeDeG Midwifery College is a social Enterprise set up as charity organization in Addis Ababa. 100% of the College’s income will be dedicated to the sponsorship of girls from the rural areas to become midwives. These trained midwives will return and serve their respective communities.
To be a center of excellence in the delivery of high quality midwifery education.
The college is committed to providing the highest quality midwifery education, supported by highly qualified and motivated staff, for future midwives to become competent, ethical and compassionate care providers and life partners to women.
- To increase the number of midwives in Ethiopia and to contribute to the reduction of maternal and infant mortality.
- To enhance the quality of midwives in Ethiopia and be a center for excellence that produces competent, compassionate and ethical midwives.
- To experiment as a Social enterprise model in Ethiopia with an aim to effectively reach, educate and empower the most vulnerable women and girls who live in hard to reach areas.
- Academic excellence
- Integrity, Accountability and Transparency care
- Diversity and mutual respect
- Gender sensitivity
- Customer service